Tuesday, October 8, 2019

New Review! Transcendence (Spirit Quest #1) by A.L. Waddington 4 Cranky Stars

Trancendence (Spirit Quest, #1)Trancendence by A.L. Waddington
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 CRANKY STARS


This is the first book in a series about a family that exists in two different time periods at the same time. The ability to do this is called EVE. It seems that there is a first series called “The EVE Series” that is four books long. I wish I had read it first but maybe I’d still be confused. The concept for the story is quite good but it gets confusing jumping between 1859 and the Present. Unlike time travel novels where the main character disappears and comes back, EVE (Essence Voyager Era) travel occurs while asleep. Also, what happens in the past doesn’t always happen in the present and vice versa.


It was very interesting to read what it must have been like in 1859 Boston in the months leading up to the Civil War. The main character, Sidney, knows in 1859 what is coming and the outcome but no one else does. Her husband doesn’t suffer from the curse of EVE and knows nothing about her nightly trips. However, her grandmother is also a victim of EVE so, she has someone to talk too. It gets very confusing at times when trying to figure out the family relationships in the two time periods. That is why I can only give it 4 stars. The storyline kept me enthralled and I would read more books as they are released. However, I think I would read the first series before going any further in this series just for more background on the characters.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home