Tuesday, December 8, 2020

New Review! Jori's Stories by Jordan Elizabeth 4 Cranky Stars

 

Jori's StoriesJori's Stories by Jordan Elizabeth
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Cranky Stars


Normally an anthology or a collection of short stories is a small collection. For instance, 12 or less stories by the same or different authors. This book has 47 stories. Granted, some are extremely short but it is still way too many to hold a reader's interest. I really like this author's books normally but this took me forever to read. A few of the stories are only two pages and some are longer. Some made no sense to me and I totally didn't "get it". There are also, some that I wished had gone on longer and have the makings of a novel.


Then we have the stories told by her grandmother. I enjoyed these because they take place around Utica, New York, an area in which I am quite familiar. Its gorgeous scenery when traveling through the Mohawk Valley. As to the stories themselves, they varied from old family stories, folklore, supernatural, et.al. If you just want a book to read at a slow pace, a little at a time, this may be enjoyable for you. However, for me, I was disappointed. I'm still going to read her other books as they come out, but please Ms. Elizabeth, no more collections this long. I can only give this book 4 stars because I did enjoy 3 or 4 of the stories. Otherwise it would be a three star.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home