Wednesday, August 3, 2016

New Review! The Unearthly by Laura Thalassa, 5 Cranky Stars

The Unearthly (The Unearthly, #1)The Unearthly by Laura Thalassa
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

***** 5 Cranky Stars *****



First of all, I found it hard to read this book…it was HARD TO PUT DOWN! I started and finished reading it in ten hours. Would have been less if I didn’t need to eat, drink…breathe!

When I started reading it, I thought to myself: This sounds very much like Harry Potter. Orphan, check. Magical school, check. Two funny sidekicks, check. Main character clueless about own power, check. Only difference would be it’s about a teenage girl rather than a little boy.



Then as I read on, all comparisons disappeared and I was taken into a completely different world. Both magical, both captivating but oh so different.



Gabrielle is an ass-kicking, fighting machine who can hypnotize you with her glamour and convince you to let her drink you dry. And everyone wants her dead.



My only issue with it was Gabrielle’s level of maturity. Maybe I’ve never been around a lot of sixteen year old girls but she seemed far too mature in the book. Able to hold her own against a 700year old vampire and the likes. However, it didn’t deter the pleasure of reading the story.
(really want this one!)



Yes, this book is just another teenage paranormal where the main character turns out being the most powerful person on the planet…just another story with vampires, fairies, werewolves, shape-shifters, etc…just another doomed romance…BUT OMG! It is so much more than that! The author had spun a common story into something else. I enjoyed it so much I bought the next book in the series! I can’t wait to sink myself into the next one.





View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home